Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Controversial Books


In chapter 5 Jenkins talks about how many parents think Harry Potter is a very controversial book for children to read. So this got me thinking about what other books have been controversial in the past. I found this website that has picked out what they believe are the 1o most controversial books in the last 100 or so years. When I looked at this list I noticed that wow, I have had to read 3 or 4 of these books in some of my high school English classes. Harry Potter was even read to me during my elementary days. So after realizing this I think when parents go crazy about kids reading Harry Potter they are completely overreacting. I think most kids understand that they are not going to be able to perform spells and such, but they really just enjoy reading the Harry Potter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment