Thursday, September 3, 2009

Amasing Way to Find New Music...Better than Pandora

http://www.last.fm/

I know in class we began to speak about the music discovery site known as Pandora. When I had discovered that site I was on it all the time. However, I began to hear the same stuff and wanted to skip some of the songs really bad, but I couldn't due to their copywrite rules.

One day I found a website called last.fm. I had heard of it before but was never interested. However, they have recently added a radio just like Pandora's, but even better. On their site you can rate songs and artists so that the site can get a grip on what kind of music you might like just like Pandora. However, on last.fm you can skip as many songs as you like, so no wonder I would switch to this site. It is also a bit more visually stimulating as well. While listening to their radio they have a picture slide show of the band or artist while their music is playing, perfect to set up at a party or something like that.

This is yet another example of how we can use technology and the internet to discover new and great things, that would have taken us years before.

No comments:

Post a Comment