Wednesday, September 23, 2009

If you printed the internet...

While using stumbleupon, I found a page with several poster-type images describing what it would be like to print the entire internet. The website I found it on is a blog about printing technology, and immediately caught my eyes (after all, I am a graphic design major).
The statistics I found on this particular page were really interesting. For instance, one of them says that “if the ancient Babylonians starting printing [the internet] in 1800 bce, they would be done right about now.” It’s so crazy to think about all of pictures and text that are on the internet. I also find it interesting to think about how much information we come across every day, on the internet, or elsewhere, and how we process that information and use (or disregard) it.
Lastly, in regards to discovering information, the internet has revolutionized our world. “If you printed the internet, it would be a book weighing 1.2 billion pounds...” says the website. Finding out new things, and also sharing information with others is so simple and quick in our digital generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment