Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Are police now regular citizens

On page 62 and 63, Tapscott talks about how power is being transferred from actual authoritative figures to regular citizens. I myself know how this can be true cause i think that i have a lot of authority in my house especially over my younger siblings. However he says that by creating television news clips that rival whats already on t.v., or writing encyclopedias like Wikipedia, or even selling goods online in places such as Craigslist is going to distribute power among people. He says that as knowledge expands like on how to scrutinize authorities power will become more widely distributed. I want to know why is it that just because we may learn ways to go against people we think we have more power over them.

Here is a video of how some people think they can order people around and do what they want them to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment