Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grown up with Technology

After reading the first chapter, i already like this book more than "The Dumbest Generation".

On page 18, Tapscott explains how the Net Gen children are more used to the newer technology than a citizen that was born in the "baby boomer era." The Net Gen children assimilated technology because they grew up around it, and that for adults they had to accommodate it. He also states later that the children came across technology as a another part in their environment because they grew up with it. I agree with this very much, because my mom is pretty much a computer idiot, and she asks me and my brother to help her out with the things she needs on it. I find all of his statements in this chapter to be very accurate with todays generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment