Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Digital Generation


After looking through Chapter 1, I actually got annoyed with his writing. Yes, I agree that we are possibly the greatest generation and our technology has revolutionized the world, but I almost feel like he takes this too far. I hated Bauerlein, but this guy is just kind of annoying. The chapter sort of bored me. But on the bright side Tapscott gave credit where credit was due.


Skimming the internet, I found a timeline that dates of important inventions in technology. It was interesting to find that the number of inventions to technology increases as the timeline reached the 2000's. This timeline just shows how our generation has been effecting the world as a whole. Take notice that close to half the page is full of inventions that were introduced in the 1990's or later. Most of the inventions in the last 20 years have revolutionized our understanding of medicine, made world networking possible and allowed others to benefit educationally from our discoveries.



Here is the timeline:

No comments:

Post a Comment