Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Digital Stories

At first I wasn't too excited about this project but after going over the assignment in my other class with Ted I got really into the idea of it. He showed us a website that has digital stories done by young kids and I was amazed that I am so worried about this project but look at what these kids can do. I think digital stories are an amazing way to get your message out to the public. Anyone can post a video on youtube, so any digital story you make can be shared with the world. I feel that is very powerful. Sometimes when you just tell someone your story they may not be able to fully understand what it means. You may also hold back some emotions while standing in front of people and telling a story. With digital stories your emotions are shown by the music, the tone in your voice in which no one is seeing you speak it, and the pictures you choose and symbolism to them. I'm starting to see a bigger picture in all these assignments. I think at the end of this semester we will be better able to get our voice heard and when we get the chance for someone to listen to our voice we will be professional at how we deliver it. This class is helping us not be what Bauerlein says we are. We are being taught how to use all these technologies to better ourselves and have fun at the same time. Though there are many more assignments to come I'm excited about how proud I'm going to be at the end of the semester knowing I accomplished so much. I would no longer rather be in a blow off freshman seminar because this class is truly going to benefit us all!

I found some cool digital stories that are really effective at getting their message heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2tXjG5PSE&feature=fvw

The next video is about Hurricane katrina. This just shows how digital stories give us a chance to show things from our own eyes. It's kind of long but just watch the first minuet. The pictures with the song is so moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gduXLPpTw&feature=fvw

This video shows how digital stories really give someone whose voice is never heard a chance to make everyone listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCRHTQwXAk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment